Monday 28 March 2011

In the bin!!!!

Hi to all, hope your weekend has been good with lots of creativity.  Do you ever have those days where it doesn't matter how hard you try, you can never cut straight, ink straight or generally do anything on a card that looks right?  Well I have had one of those days, I did some ribbon embroidery last night in front of the TV and I really wanted to put it on a card for a challenge - which was celebrate.  It just wasn't happening and in the end its gone into the bin Doh!!!! but first I took a pic.


Believe it or not this card started being a 8by8inch square, I spend so much time trimming as it wasn't right that it ended up being more like a thick DL!!!!  I used my sewing machine for the first time on a card which I was impressed about and I did enjoy/like my ribbon embroidery but everything else went down hill, I can't even put it in for the challenge as I use yellow rub ons above and below the string saying celebrate spring, but I'm afraid you can't see it, its not even my picture taking as I could hardly see it when I had done.  So after taking this pic I decided to stamp over it and well it ended up a complete mess so hence - I have fed the bin.
Anyway all I can say is I enjoyed doing it and its even better to be able to share my diseaster with all of you, it sort of makes the whole thing funny LOL.  So how about sharing your diseasters I would love to hear that I'm not the only one who has these days.
Hope you all have a fab and calm Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have days like that all the time Kezzy!! Y'know what 'though? I really, really like this. I love the distressed look it has (was that you too, lol!) Love the eyelet feature and the ribbon embroidery too. xx

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Brilliant! I tried to make an A4 card and it ended up as a 4" x 4" by the time I'd finished chopping it up and trying to get it straight. It committed itself to the bin!