Monday 9 May 2011

Distressing Colour Match Tip

Hi ya, I can't believe I'm heading this with distressing colour match tip, as I'm only learning the distressing technique but I can't think of any other title, thought I'd mention that as you may all be reading thinking this is obvious everyone does it lol.  Anyway below is a pic of a card I'm starting.  I have just started sewing on my cards and I did this on my backing paper on a piece of card, then I thought it would look nice slightly distressed, but I wasn't sure if to just distress the paper or paper and card and also how should I ink both and what colour, so I made a mini version ..............
The piece of strip was my mini version and you can see that at each process I tested it on the strip.  For once I haven't thrown the card away at the distress stage as I never get it right.  You will just have to wait to see the finished card, mind you with this month being end of year accounts I'm only getting a little bit of time to craft, but at the beginning of June I will have clocked so many hours up I will be able to have a few weeks of lower hours hurray!!!!  The patterened paper I used here is Glitz 12by12 Hoopla Frames H2921 and Adirondack Pool dye ink pad and some cut n dry foam (just started using this wow wow wow I'm really liking this, wish I started using this before buying so many other types for a lot more cost doh!!).
Day 2 of blogging again since Easter and I'd like to say thanks for joining me.
Kezzy x

1 comment:

lisa said...

I love the look of the sewing, Kezzy. Can't wait to see the finished card.
Your distressing is looking great. Don't worry too much about the colours. Try sticking to lighter ones if you're worried about matching. Are you using your cut n dry on a non stick mat, if not it's much easier to get a smooth look on one and you can do lots of other messy techniques on it too. Give me a shout if you want any help!
Hugs Lisax