Sunday 22 January 2012

Gingersnap Creations - Soft Yellows and White

Hi all, hope your having a fantastic weekend.  It's Sunday again, and as you know every week I have been playing the challenge over at Gingersnap Creations, which this week is soft yellows and white.  Now I did think of doing a card, but decided to carry on with my journey of the unknown and create something that isn't a card which I like to do with this challenge, so this week I have created a bird cage on a pedestal.  To start with I got all my yellows together to see what I had got.  I used to ribbon holders large and small and took off the tops and bottoms.  I then got a selection of yellow papers together and even some yellow postage stamps, I then stamped birds and swirls in a light yellow and ripped all the papers and then decoupaged them on the base with modpodge.  I think you can see how I did the rest, oh I did emboss the flowers with enchanted gold to give it a yellow sparkle look :-).  Can you believe I have been a Gingergem for 2 weeks and then last week I was the homepage artist, I'm so honoured, I even showed my mum on my phone lol.  I have won a prize so I need to email, but I am going to ask them to pass it to someone else as I don't think with postage costs that they send to the UK and to be honest just being the homepage artist was priceless (as they say lol).  Ok ok I guess your saying shut up and show us the pic so here goes ...............
I'm so happy how it turned out, the wire is a bit bent, I could have done with stronger wire on the outside but I didn't have yellow or white lol.  Thank you so much Gingersnap for really inspiring me to create art (or almost art as some of mine are a bid dodgy lol).  Thanks for looking :-) Kezzy xxx

Recipe
Dies - Spellbinders (grand circle, standard circle, foliage), PaperArtsy (small bird)
Papers - Kaisercraft (nan's favourite collection), 7 Gypsies (lille), Basic Grey (out of print), selection of mulberry papers and postage stamps from stash.
Modpodge
Stamps - Clarity (spig, pair of swallows), PaperArtsy (HP1005, HP1103), Claudine Hellmuth Studio (domestic)
Embossing powder - yellow and enchanted gold
Wire and beads from own stash
Scrim (think that's what it is called), Lace and Fibres
Glitter - Decoart (glamour dust), Pee Wee (light yellow)
Inkpads - Adirondack (lemonade), Versamark
Paints - Ranger (distress crackle paint antique linen), PaperArsty (fresco snowflake)
Embellishments - Flowers - (Wild Orchid and Glitter Girls), Pearls (Wild Orchid) and Feathers

11 comments:

Sheetal Ahlawat said...

Reallllllllly reallllllllllly pretty Kezzy. You are so creative ( and noble too :)

Ali Manning said...

This is an amazing project! Thanks so much for playing the Gingersnap Creations challenge, Ali :)

Lavinia said...

What a beautiful project you have made! Love it, really pretty.... I have something on my blog I would like to pass on to you! Pop over.....
Lavinia
x

Michele said...

this is stunning! congrats on being a ginger gem! xo

Gio said...

your piece is super fabolous!

Cheri said...

Kezzy.....this is stunning!!!! Congratulations on another GC Gem!!!

Dawn said...

This is gorgeous! Well done, makes me think of Summer, whatever that is!

Lavinia said...

Your welcome :)
Lavinia
x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Just adore this Kezzy! Shaz.x

Marina said...

Wow! Inspirational.

rosemary said...

LOVE this I just came across you from Gingersnap Nice to see someone a bit closer to home. I too love all crafts so much to choose from when it comes to paper crafts. Rosemary (ireland)