Thursday 29 March 2012

Mojo Monthly and Gingersnap twinchie swap

Hi all, this month over at Mojo Monthly the challenge this month was vintage, now I haven't really done vintage before and this month I did a vintage swap which I also wanted to add to mojo monthly but I enjoyed it so much I had a go at doing a vintage canvas so now I am able to put both through.  The swap was done with UK members of Gingersnap Creations, it was the first time I had ever done a twinchie, I hadn't ever done an inchie lol. So tonight I'm showing the canvas first than the twinchies and the swaps I received back.


I based my canvas on corsets and how they have been in fashion through the centuries, I really enjoyed doing this, but it did take a few days to complete and it doesn't look anything like I had in mind in the beginning.  I painted the canvas first with fresco paint, then stamped then painted with water down fresco paint.  I had seen somewhere the bird cage used as a skirt but where I don't know, I think it could have been when I was artsycrafts but I feel awful that I can't give credit to who gave me the inspiration.  Below are some close ups and at the end of the most is a material list.



The second project are the twinchies, I'm afraid I can't find where I put the material list for the ones I did oops, I used stampboard, then stamped with versamark, coloured with distress inks and then embellished with  crafty individuals glossy paper sheets (life's journey 1) and some TH fragments.  Below are the twinchies that I did for the swap .....................


And below are the stunning swaps I received, I have also added there blogs underneath.


I shall go top left to right, and then below left to right. Suze Bain, Annette GoatlyLaura LiddellAlexa Noble,    ValeriePetra.

Right such a long post but I'm ultra happy with my vintage month and even prouder of myself that I have done a creation that I think is worthy of mojo monthly.  Thanks for looking :-) Kezzy xxx

Recipe for Canvas
Paints - Paperartsy Fresco Finish (vintage lace) also second coating was mixed with moon shadow (below)
Sprays - Stampman (moon shadow burnished brass)
Letraset Safmat for printed labels
Masks - Tando (harlequin), Creative Expressions (special touch polka dots), Crafters Workshop (mini cosmic bubbles), Tim Holtz (timeworks)
Stamps - Tim Holtz (haberdashery), Creative Expressions (vintage sewing), Paperartsy (backgrounds)
Metal -  Walnut Hollow (copper)
Embossing folder - Creative Expressions (intrinsic couture creations)
Distress Inkpads - antique linen, tea dye, vintage photo
Alcohol inks - adirondack rust and raisin
Patterned Paper - Tim Holtz (lost & found)
Tim Holtz Alphaparts
Dies - Sizzix Tim Holtz (scallop on the edge, heartwings, sewing room, caged bird)
Tim Holtz tissue tape calendar
Crafty Individuals love letters glossy sheet with Tim Holtz fragments
Alot of Tim Holtz embellishments
I can't remember the rest oops xxx

2 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...wow Kezzy this is just amazing and so great for you step out of your comfort zone...I think you should do it more often as this is marvelous...Mel :)

Sarah said...

Just fabulous Kerry - I was hoping you would join in so I'm so glad to see you at MMM and moreover that you've come up trumps with your great vintage style canvas. The mannequin with wings is great - so much dimension, great Tim Holtz details and embellies!!! Loving the twinchies too - looking good and in full vintage flow! Thanks so much for sharing and joining in with My Mojo Monthly. Sarah.