Monday 6 August 2012

Under The Sea - Mottled Promarker!!!!

Hi all, it's nice to have some time away from DT and tutorials (have you seen my first tutorial yet all to do with stamping and colouring with promarkers and other mediums on fabric 34 pics lol, if not you can see it here, nothing like selling myself lol).  Over at Passion for Promarkers the challenge this week is Under the Sea and hopefully I will just get time to enter.

I have wanted to have a go for awhile using promarkers on acetate and bringing in alcohol blending solution to see if I could get a mottled effect, and yep I managed it hurray.  I cut a tag out of plain white cardstock and then one from acetate.  I stuck some cheese cloth on the cardstock and pulled fibres out around the edge.  I used surf blue and navy blue flexmarkers and dabbed on the acetate, then dabbed the blending solution on, I did this around four times to give some depth, then I randomly laid holographic embossing powder in place then embossed from high up to avoid spreading the powder everywhere.  Laying this on the cheese cloth also made it looked cracked as you can see the cloth through the acetate in places.

I only had one mermaid stamp by Clarity stamps that I got a few years ago, I coloured her with duck egg, surf blue and navy blue flexmarkers and also did the skin in blush, oatmeal and cocktail pink. I kept laying down the colours to help get different shades.  Then I added glossy accents over all the bubbles and the fin.  Problem was it still seemed rather white, so I added versamark all over and embossed twice with the holographicm luckily it didn't seem to effect the glossy accents which was lucky!!!  Then I layered the promarker on top in areas and dabbed again with the blending solution, I was really impressed with this, I did do it on a spare piece of card as I wasn't sure if I could get the blending on the heated holographic powder but it worked thank goodness lol.

I have shown lots of close ups to see if you can see the effect :-)







Right I better go before it's too late to enter lol.  Have a nice evening, thanks for visiting :-) Kerry xxx

Recipe
Stamps - Clarity Stamps (dotty mermaid), Chocolate Baroque (curiosites)
Promarkers - blush, cocktail pink, oatmeal
Flexmarkers - light fawn, surf blue, navy blue, sea mist, dove grey, duck egg
Acetate
Cheese cloth
Glossy Accents
Ink pads - Stazon (black), Adirondack (pitch black), Versamark
Woodware micro beads
Shells of beach
Adirondack alcohol blending solution
Holographic embossing powder
Sizzix TH alterations - tag and bookplate die

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Fantastic design and i just love all the added details. Great colouring and many thanks for joining us at PFP this week..

Annie said...

Wow. Such a fab design Kerry. Love the colours too....my fav.
Hugs.
A x

scrappymo! said...

It islooking mighty good. I think the pen work and the beads make it look so alive. The cheesecloth reminds me of waves (movement of water)

Eliza said...

Wow this is really beautiful

Eliza

Ellis said...

Beautiful tag you made, it looks gorgeous, you should enter it into our challenge at Art With No Boundaries too! =)
Hugs, Elenor