Monday 31 December 2012

Tim Holtz December Tags

Hi all, can't believe it took me a couple of days messing around doing some tags lol.  I really wanted to be able to play with my distress stains and distress markers so I took my time :-)
Here are Mr Tim Holtz (click his name to be sent wheezing off to his famous blog) stunning tags.


And here is my take on them :-)




Now initially I was going to buy re-inkers, but before I wrote my crimbo list I actually watched Tim's video's for distress stains and found out that they will re-act with water but the re-inkers wouldn't as you already put water into them so luckily I asked for distress stains lol. I had non of the metal distress stains so I added perfect pearls sprayed on the tag instead.  The red distress stain covered beautifully but for some reason the broken china left two saturated lines either side, I have covered them up below but you can just about see some of them, so I think alot more practise is ahead lol.

Right I shall be off, thinking of finally putting some of my Christmas craft away, think it's time to stop lol, I just wish I had done alot more, next year I shall be making sure on my birthday 1st September that crimbo will come out again early, so when I have to have my injections in December and am ill, all crimbo will be done lol lol.  I have so many new bits that I haven't used that next year I really should not buy anything for crimbo crafts, mind you I am wanting some TH sizzix and festive stamps so apart from them I shall be good. Please don't remind me next year when I start buying lol, all good intentions shall be out the window when September comes and all the new winter crafts come out lol lol. Right I'm going as I'm waffling!!!!
Happy New Years Eve, Happy Crafting Hugs Kerry xxx

Recipe
Sprays - Ranger perfect pearl mists (blue raspberry and forever red)
Distress stains - broken china and barn door
Stamps - Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous (reindeer flight), Creative Expressions (vintage christmas),                      Paperartsy (backgrounds 6)
Dies - Tim Holtz Sizzix (winter wonderland, tattered poinsettia, elegant flourish, typeset alphabet, mini reindeer & 25 set)
Distress inkpads - walnut stain, barn door, tea dye, peeled paint.
Distress markers - black soot, pumice stone, fired brick, barn door, spiced marmalade, rusty hinge, vintage photo, stormy sky, faded jeans)
Inkpads - Stazon (dove grey), Versamark, Archival (jet black)
Frosted Lace stickles
Star tissue paper
Fresco satin glaze
Tim Holtz journal tickets
Embossing Powders - gold utee, Melt art (UTEE), Wow (ultra shimmer)
Perfect pearls (turquoise)
Paperartsy silver metal
Tim Holtz tissue tape
Snow-tex
Imagination Crafts (sparkle medium - diamond)
Seam Binding coloured with distress stains and perfect pearl mists

3 comments:

rachel said...

fab tags Kerry - happy new year hun xx

Winnie said...

The background and snow make the tag look very frosty. Such pretty trim too. Your poinsettia is lovely and love the shine on it.

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous takes on both tags, Kerry - I love your two snowmen, and that deer is gorgeous. Lovely work on the backgrounds - Distress Stains rock!!
Alison x