Tuesday 6 August 2013

Whatever!!!!

Hi all, yesterday I decided to have a play, I knew I wanted to make a tag as there was 2 challenges I wanted to enter (below).  I also knew that the other requirements were paint, use a stencil and ribbon.  I have wanted for ages to paint some random circles, sort of a retro background and that's exactly what I did lol.  I have took photos of my step by step process, because I had no real plan, maybe the pictures will help when your having a go, definitely it looked worse before it got better.  I will start with the finished tag, so you don't have to plough through loads of pictures lol.
I would like to enter my tag into the following challenges -
Dragons Dream Tag Challenge - paint, ribbon, mask
Stampotique Challenge Blog - Tag your it

I find teenagers can be black or white,
no in the middle lol.  My 16 year old daughter loves
wearing black all the time, and whenever we go and
see family I insist that she wears a nice top etc,
well this girl on my tag, reminds me of her lol,
pink bow, purple heart but everything else black and white 
and definitely an attitude of Whatever!!! lol
It's like if we do something together, I swear she isn't enjoying it
but later you can hear her telling her mates how fab it was lol
Teenagers!!!!

Closer pic :-)

another closer pic :-)

Now onto the process if you would like to see how I got there keep looking :-)

Ok rather random, but I am trying to use up
bits and bobs, I have this bag of die cuts that I haven't used,
I tend to keep them all, but still found my self die cutting more lol
So now I keep the bags by the die cut machine so I will
check first lol.  (skeleton in there from other day
when I painted him up but didn't use him.  Nope
I haven't got a skeleton die cut lol).

I love using Fresco paint and always tend to use it,
but I still have some other gorgeous Pebeo paints I had never
used so I thought I better start.  These 3 colours were sitting together on the
shelve, and I thought they look like they would go together so
that's how I got my colour scheme.

I wanted to use a mask for the circles as at least I 
knew that they would at least look like circles when I was done lol.

Ok again quite random, I'm trying to take the sticky away,
while I'm crafting I do tend to ruin my clothes lol,
so I don't know about you, but I definitely have crafting clothes :-)
And well errrr, it seems that I tend to add almost daily new
crafty clothes to the pile, my biggest mistake is going out and when
I get back I sometimes can think, I will check to see if that
is dry, next thing I find, is by the end of the day
I still have the non crafty clothes which are now ruined lol.
I have more crafty clothes then going out clothes!!!!

The masking tape which is now less sticky is to 
mask off circles I don't want, a helping hand lol

Perfect :-) actually pure luck, normally I always stray paint somewhere lol

So by this time I'm thinking I quite like it, now to make them bigger

Ok now I'm thinking eeeek I do love them but not sure how
I can fit what I want to fit in.

I actually planned to do that, it's so I can ...............

paint over it!!!  I know I was thinking at the time, shall I get rid now lol

Ok so I knew the white background was not working and I decided
to add dusty concord and picked raspberry distress inks,
only problem was I didn't want to loose the bright circles
so I used glue and seal to seal them.

Small tip, when I'm using distress inkpads and lots of colours I can
guarantee that I will use the wrong colour at some point,
so now I add the lids to the back like that.  
Errrr I'm thinking this is a great idea and how clever I am,
when I bet all of you do it already lol

Eeek I'm now thinking, that when I stamp that girl it's all going to go wrong!

I added some flicks of water, I so love the water flicking technique :-)
Oh yes, I bet your wondering why I have an ink pad that says 'dry use for edging',
well that was another idea yesterday.  I have 5 archival inks on the go, some are pretty dry
and others really inky.  I was fed up of using the dry ones first so 
I wrote this on with my promarker.  There not completely dry hence why
I use for roughing things up. 

Ok I stamped the girl and then went carefully around all the circles
where she was and filled them in, this way she didn't have a halo around
here.  Also I can't decide if to re stamp her on white card, as
she gets lost at the moment.

Seam binding and distress stains my favourite

Some more cutting out needed :-)

Again random lol, I tend to try on scrap pieces of paper as I'm working,
to see if it works what I'm about to do, guess it's to help 
the learning process before ruining my piece lol.

All the bits done, now for the finishing touches.  I wanted a bit more
background stamping but couldn't decide on which stamp to use.
I also definitely decided to use the separate image on white.
After all the careful painting to stop her having a halo, it could have
just got hidden with a piece on top :-)

A bit of stamping, gluing and tarting up and it's all done :-)

Right I shall be off.  I hope you enjoyed seeing how I got from AtoB, even though I had no plan I'm loving the finished tag.  I am so happy I didn't throw it away half way through lol. I would also like to thank everybody for all your lovely comments on my clock I did here, I really appreciated them all :-)
Happy Crafting :-) Hugs Kezzy xxxx

Recipe
Stamps - Stampotique (by Daniel Torrente), Paperartsy (words2), Indigo Blu (circle dot background), Dylusions (around the edge)
Imagination crafts - circle mask
Ranger glue and seal
Distress stains and inkpads - picked raspberry and dusty concord
Distress inkpad - black soot
Archival jet black
Pebeo paints - garnet red, raspberry, violet, white, black
Fresco paint - snowflake

8 comments:

May said...

WOW....What a fantastic tag, Love the colours & Great image... your tutorial is Fantastic...Thank you for Dreaming with us at Dragons Dream... Hugs May x x x

Julie Lee said...

Wow! Loads of great tips here! I'll have to come back again to revise them all! I love your tag - fab colours, great step by step and that lovely teenager in black! Your daughter sounds just like my daughter was at sixteen! She's nineteen now, twenty in October - and they do start wearing clothes other than black in the end! Mine just waltzed out in peach shorts and a pretty coffee and cream top! Hugs Julie Ann xox

rachel said...

ooo - this is fab Kerry xx

Michele said...

this is gorgeous! bright, bold and beautiful! cool process too! xo

Kay Wallace said...

Love the step-by-step process you have shared here! Your tag is so "today" as far as kids are concerned. I can only imagine that your daughter absolutely loves it! Very trendy!!

joanne wardle said...

Wow. I genuinely thought that was a pre-printed background. Absolutely gorgeous.

Words and Pictures said...

Very cool, Kezzy ... your circles look amazing, and another great step-by-step, thank you. Great tag! Sorry to be behind - my internet's been playing up, so I'm sitting in Caffe Nero trying to do some catching up... have a great weekend!
Alison x

Terry said...

OMG - this is adorable! I love the painted circles and the bright color combination!