Monday 4 August 2014

Creative Expressions - Happy Days

Good Morning, I'm on my sunny holidays, and I'm writing this post while enjoying a cuppa outside with a gorgeous view of flowers, fields and pure quiet, bliss :-).  It's Monday morning which means it's time for my project for the Creative Expressions Blog and wow we are working with some gorgeous new floral stamps that are brand new.  As always during my step by step I will highlight the products from Creative Expressions, actually if I have problems highlighting in red as I'm on my Samsung Galaxy Tab,  I will put them in capital letters :-).
I would like to enter the following challenges -
613 Avenue challenge - Anything Goes/friendship days
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafting At The Weekend Challenge - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Boots Challenge - Flowers

It always amazes what you can do with one single stamp,
this stamp is a single stamp with a border which you
will see in the step by step :-)

Lots of close up pics lol

















And now for the step by step or you can view the sheet HERE

I love the shimmer paint and I have also found that you can
mix with white paint which gives you a gorgeous colour with only a hint of shimmer. This technique I'm showing you which I have done before gives such gorgeous texture and shimer.
First I took COSMIC SHIMMER PAINT GOLD LIME AND SKY and did two squirts each on my mat, I added ECO GREEN PAINT WHITE as I had run out of COSMIC SIMMER MATT CHALK PAINT WARM WHITE,  I added it to one of each colour and mixed. 

Next I took a small canvas and painted it with the mixed colours, I gave each colour two coats, doesnt it look lush :-)

Then I sponged the pure shimmer paint on the mat, this gives such awesome depth and texture plus the added shimmer.

Next I used my favourite stencil THAT SPECIAL TOUCH CLOUDS, you can see I made a mask of the sun my stamping on some copy paper and cutting it out as I didn't want the clouds over that area. I then I sponged the white paint through it.

I then kept the stencil on and sponged a bit of the shimmer paint through it.

Don't they look awesome lol

Next I used some tape tomask of all the stamp apart from the sun, as you can see I didnt stamp too well but no worries that will be sorted later. The stamp is the brand new CREATIVE EXPRESSIONS STAMP SUNDRENCHED 2 WITH ARCHIVAL JET BLACK INK PAD.

Next I started stamping the flowers, doind the same masking with tape technique. 

I also did the flowers as half the lenth and hanging off the edge.
I also mended any stamped lines that shouldn't be there with the same paint and my finger, and by magic all the mistakes disappear lol.

Next I painted some CREATIVE EXPRESSIONS CARD STOCK COCONUT with COSMIC SHIMMER MATT CHALK PAINT IN CITRON, BLUEBERRY CRUSH, PERSIAN ORANGE AND TUBEROSE. Don't those colours look gorgeous :-)

I stamped the flowers, sun and leaves on the painted card with ARCHIVAL JET BLACK INK PAD. 

Whilst those were drying I also painted the canvas, the flowers, sun and leaves just roughly as we are covering them, the only reason I do that is because if the cut out piece doesn't edge perfectly then you would see the unpainted flower underneath.
I did the swirls really neat as I wasn't covering them, using a fine paint brush which really helps lol.

Next I cut out the flowers,  sun and yes all those leaves, very therapeutic,  reminds me of when I first started crafting doing decoupage lol. I edged each cut with DISTRESS MARKERS DUSTY CONCORD, SHABBY SHUTTERS, DRIED MARIGOLD AND WORN LIPSTICK, this is my favourite method of getting rid of the white cut edges as they have the brush tip.  I also added interest to the flowers using the fine tip but also added in PICKED RASPBERRY for the pink ones.

I stuch my flowers with the amazing stick anything COSMIC SHIMMER GLUE, I also added two flowers on the left side to give the impression that the flowers carry on. I also doodled the edges with my journal pens. 

I then stamped the words that come with the flower range on painted card with the blue and white mix from earlier. 

I'm really sorry but I forgot to take a picture of the sun, I used a black pen and extended the lines slightly.  I then used COSMIC SHIMMER PAINT HARVEST GOLD and painted swirls and dots to give the impression of bright hot sunlight,  I also added some white dots as well.
Next I added some CREATIVE EXPRESSIONS PEARL EMBELLISHMENTS. I also added COSMIC SHIMMER PAINT PEARL to the flowers, leaves and swirls whick makes areas really pop.

Right I'm off to chill out with a good book I stared yesterday and have nearly finished lol. I also have bought some crafting with me as I'm doing some samples for Creative Expressions,  you will have to wait until Create and Craft TV or just after we are having a blog hop. This is around the 16th August with lots of gorgeous prizes.  I shall take some pictures of the tent and me crafting and pop them on Wednesday.
Happy Crafting :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

11 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Kezzy this is awesome and so beautifully colourful. A stunning mixed media creation and thank you for the how too.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 900 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fabulous canvass Kezzy. Stunning background and all of that cutting out must have taken you ages. The little pearls are a great touch.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Kylie said...

This is fabulous! What a beautiful mixture of colours, techniques and stamping. Wonderful! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Kylie said...

This is fabulous! What a beautiful mixture of colours, techniques and stamping. Wonderful! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Virginia L. said...

Work of ART! Your masterpiece is amazing,Kezzy! The painting, fussy cutting and the shine on the flowers...well done on all parts! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

rachel said...

Hi Kerry - this is a wonderful canvas and the sparkly paints look fabulous. Enjoy your holibobs!!! Big Hugs rachel x

Mrs Beez said...

A stunning card. Love the vibrant colours and the centres of those flowers. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Barb Ghig said...

So many gorgeous details on this canvas, Kezzy...I love it!
Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM! I hope you'll be back soon!

Julie Lee said...

A lovely sunny canvas! That sky is so blue and the flowers so joyous! just love those little pearls too. Have a great holiday. I'm really impressed with you crafting on a camping holiday! Have lots of fun! Julie Annxxx

trisha too said...

What a bright and beautiful piece, so uplifting!

:)

Words and Pictures said...

Loving what you're doing with these pretty flowers... those pearly centre pieces finish them off beautifully.
Alison xx