Monday 27 October 2014

Creative Expressions - Memories

Hi ya, I'm really sorry that this is late, I think I kept putting it off as it's a Goodbye to an amazing DT. I have been with Creative Expressions for a year and I have made the decision to not reapply as I would like to continue with my mixed media art, plus I have almost got my first video on YouTube ready.  Also I have been asked by my other DT to start doing projects to go on packaging for Laser Cuts, so very exciting.  I also want to be able to do more tutorials and blogging.  They have been an amazing company to work for and of course I shall continue to buy and use their products.  So with a sad heart here is my last creation for the Creative Expressions Blog.
I would like to enter the following challenges -
Artistic Stamper Creative Blog - Memories
ABC Challenge Blog - V-Vibrant
Through The Craftroom Door - Anything Goes
Southern Girls Challenge - Getting Wordy On It
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Anything But A Card

A Journal Page for all my Creative Expressions Memories.

Lots of close ups :-).











And now for the step by step ....................................

I covered my journal pages with Distress Ink Crushed Olive, Mustard Seed, 
Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry.  I always tape my journal down the middle
and I used Idea-ology Washi Tape.  I will cover it more later.

Next I flicked lots of water over the page and wow I still am amazed with the 
gorgeous look full of texture by doing such a simple thing.

Next I flicked different colours of Cosmic Shimmer Watercolours (pastel
pink mixed with red blaze, yellow sparkle, pastel lime and pastel orange).

I used Archival jet black to stamp the Tim Holtz Worn Text.

I didn't want it to look so worn so I used my promarker to fill up the letter.

Next I stamped the Creative Expressions Single Stamp Mini Ornate Frame Set
all over my journal.

I used Distress Paint in the same colours to colour through the
That Special Touch Mask Stripy Spots, I also mixed up some colours through the
stencil for a different effect.

I mopped up the colours above with some small tags from my stash,
I also used Distress Paint Peacock Feathers with the Crushed Olive and Mustard
Seed to colour some mini tags.

I stamped with the same colours Distress Paints using Creative Expressions Aqua Writing,
Tim Holtz Psychedelic Grunge, Mixed Media and Ultimate Grunge.

I used Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste Clear through That Special Touch
Mask Doodle Squares. I also used some of the paint to cover the middle washi
tape as I had completely forgot to do it before stamping lol.

I stamped lots of sayings from Creative Expressions Stamp Set Art Sayings and
also used a mini alphabet from my stash to stamp CE and some messages
to say goodbye on the little coloured tags.

I used Distress Ink Pad Black Soot to colour the edges of the journal and around the 
mini tags, I then coloured some mini staples with my Flexmarker and attached
some of the tags, the rest I used small coloured brads.

Lastly I used my journal pens to make some dots, I also used a water colour pencil
around the inside of the frames and the tags to make them pop more.

Hope you enjoyed my last project for Creative Expressions and thank you so much for visiting and supporting me through each Monday project over the last year.  I hope you will visit again sometime.
Happy Creating :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx

4 comments:

sally said...

What wonderful & bright memories you've created to carry forth! I'm loving the bright colours on this wet morning :-)

Sally

Chris said...

Fabulous colours and stamping! What a lovely tribute to your DT.
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Sammy said...

This is fabulous! Love, love the bright colours. Thanks for the step-by-step too! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

sooooo much detail!!! Beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge, best of luck!!