Friday 26 June 2015

Love You To The Sky And Back

Good evening, I know, I have been such a bad blogger, but don't worry I have been working on catching up with posts and I have a real treat for you all over the next 5 days, I am trying to get most of them written up as we speak lol.
Today I want to show you a very special Journal Page that is dedicated to my mum who I love very much, every time I visit or she rings she always says at the end "Love you to the sky and back", it's only been recently that I heard that most people say moon lol, but for me if I feel down or lonely, just looking at the sky makes me smile.
This was the challenge (What makes you smile) set by Our Creative Corner Challenge Blog and this journal page was the first thing that came into my mind.
I also took some step by step pics to show you how I made it, whenever I work in my journal I always try different techniques and this was not different.  I decided that my Derwent Inktense Blocks that I got for Christmas one and a half years ago!!!!
I would like to also enter the following challenges -
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Mist and Stamp (in the background I used LSG, Bloom Spray stamp is script and alphabet)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
A Sprinkle of Imagination Challenge - Anything Goes (using products they sell in the shop)

Here is the final page, lots of close up pics of the texture and then a step by step :-)



































I love how the camera caught the tainted teal on the page :-)
















Right I shall be back tomorrow with this large journal page that I did for LifeBook, how about a sneak peak :-)

Ok I think I need to work on my sneak peaks lol, it's all fuzzy, not to worry I shall learn :-).
Hopefully see you tomorrow, thank you for visiting.
Happy Art :-)
Hugs Kezzy xxxxx


Product List
Derwent Inktense Blocks - deep indigo, iris blue, bright blue, sea blue
Sprays - LSG (tainted love teal, creme brulee cream), Prima Bloom (cobalt)
Inks - Dr PH Martin (Aqua), Liquitex (titanium white)
Paints - Paperartsy Fresco (cherry red, claret), Eco Green (black)
Dies - Sizzix Alterations (heart wings, tiny tabs & tags)
Stamps - Crafty Individuals (CI-017), Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz (worn text)
Texture Paste - Ranger (texture paste), Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste (frosty dawn)
Stencils - Dina Wakley Media (birds mask), That Special Touch (clouds)
Mediums - Paperartsy Fresco (pearl glaze), Decoart Americana (triple thick gloss glaze)
Prima Art Finnabair Heavy Gesso
Ink Pads - Archival (jet black), Distress (chipped sapphire, salty ocean)
Pens and Pencils- Posca Paint Pen (black and white), Promarker (black), Faber Castell Pitt Pen (black), Stabilo All Pencil (black)
Treasure Gold - white fire, sapphire
Stampendous Frantage - Fragments, glitter, glass glitter, shaved ice
Distress Glitter - fired brick
Beads
Tissue Paper

7 comments:

Helen said...

Love the journal page, and it's great to see all those photos!

rachel said...

amazing pages Kezzy - brilliant xx

Lin said...

Lots of wonderful texture, Kezzy, and I love all the hearts! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous page, Kezzy - so many amazing textural details and those wonderful words too. Who cares whether it's the moon or the sky? That's a whole lot of love either way.

Still have ATCs awaiting despatch.... we must exchange addresses again!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely work!!! Amazing texture! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

Scrapintheattic.com said...

Wow your journal pages made me smile! I love the birds carrying the hearts, and that background! However a few more comments about how you created the page alongside the photos would really help. Thank you for joining my Challenge at Our Creative Corner,barjan x

jaine drake said...

Oh my goodness what a wonderful journal entry. Great step photo's to go with it too. Thanks for entering the challenge at ASOI this month.